Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Birth Of My Jet Engine.

 The First Cut, Weld, Bolt and Nut




I was finding it difficult to find a place to start honestly. I couldn't think of what to do first to create this monster. So i sat down, measured everything with some digital calipers. I figured the place place to start, was with the shell itself, seeing as thats what the rest will be dependent on.

Construction
Compressor


I cut the shell out of some 16 gauge steel. I rolled, tacked and brazed the shell. The thin metal was near impossible to weld with a mig welder. So i got the old torch out and brazed it.The picture shows before brazing and grinding.
Closer look at bearing and
drive shaft assembly.
I wont bore you with the rest of the details unless i feel its useful in some way. Ill simply let the pictures speak for themselves.
The Shell
The drive shaft and bearing
Assembly. Weld to support
ring via steel rods.
Support ring to weld bearings
to.

No comments:

Post a Comment